Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Where I go

These past few days I have been extremely active and I love it. I feel as though my days are longer and I don't lay in bed all day wondering what I have done with myself. God has blessed me with an amazing friend that I can call up (because I know he doesn't have a life) and just go spend time outside playing tennis, or throwing a ball around.

Today there was a group of us that went out and played tennis. Doubles on our court, singles on the next and a faithful fan. It was so much fun! We just were playin around, not a serious game or anything but I had a lot of fun anyways. After that we decided to hang out at Ryans for a bit until we went to eat at Old Chicago. That was fun but of course we needed to go back to Ryans for a challenging game of spoons. I won of course...and then we played Mafia. There were 12 of us there and let me tell you I won both rounds we played. Can you tell I love competition? All is said and good but its the drive home that really got me thinking.

Why is it that thoughts/feelings/emotions surface when you are alone? Granted I love driving just to get things off my head. But its then most of the times that I start to think. Think about people, think about life, and think about what I do wrong. I know there is a saying regarding strength with numbers, and I can really see why. The past few nights when I have come home alone, with my mom already sleeping, is when I feel the most. My mind starts running, and my emotions start and its hard for me to sleep. I used to do my devotionals at night, because I could focus better but I have found it extremely hard for me to do them the past few nights. I just wish somehow I could find strength to deal, with or without others.

Oh and PS: I got fired to night. Not technically fired. But pretty close. I cut my hours back at the salon so I would only be working one day a week. My boss, who is a great Christian man, called and told me it would just be easier to have one person work the whole week. SOOOOOO long story short I am calling it 'getting fired' but I think it'll be better off anyway so I don't have to go from one job to the next on Fridays. I know God has his reasons.

POG to you, and hopefully to me tonight as well.

1 comment:

erichapman said...

i didn't even read all this, but i saw that you played mafia.

if there were a competition for competitive games, that'd get my vote.

i LOVE that game!