Tuesday, May 16, 2006

My Lisa Ann


As some of you may know I have a best friend named Lisa Boaz. She's been in Spain all semester long and last night was the first night I saw her since the beginning of January. I of course talked to her about mid-semester for maybe 45 minutes but other than that communication was strickly e-mails and a few IM messages. Let me just tell you about my friend.

Lisa and I have known each other since about middle school age. We modeled together at the Limited Too and played each other in PGSL softball leagues. We knew of each other but we weren't really friends. It wasn't until highschool that our hangouts became more frequent. Lisa and I worked together doing student council stuff but I honestly can't tell you when the first time I knew she had to be my best friend.

We were both involved in Young Life and thanks to our other 'three muskateer' Nancy Kater, Lisa and I had the wonderful opportunity to experience TEC together. I think the best part of our relationship (minus the crazy times in the Steak and Shake drive through= "you like chicken melts....right?") was when we got to spend a month together doing Summer Staff at a Young Life summer camp called Castaway. Lisa has such a great heart and a love for Christ and kids. This month two years ago I got a chance to see that.

Of course with any friendships or relationships there will be ups and downs, and Lisa and I have had ours. But the best part about it is when she got home from being gone for four months, I felt as though she'd never left. I can't begin to tell you how excited I am that she got to experience such a wonderful and challenging time in Spain, but what I'm even more excited about is the fact that she's back. This is a girl that will be standing in my wedding someday. Lisa Ann, I don't even know if you read this, but I want you to know that I love you and I thank God for putting you in my life and my heart. ;o) (I'm looking forward to our pedicures today!!)

POG to you. and have a WONDERFUL day!

2 comments:

swishthedish said...

Leslie, WE were supposed to get pedicures together!

Leslie said...

Ben I get pedicures ALL the time! but we will NOT be going back to the same place..I have a horrible story.