Sunday, May 14, 2006

It's just a LOVE thang..


So today is Mother's Day. A day to show your appreciation and love for your mother. After my family's celebration I decided to go and hang out at Kevin and Summer's. For any of you who don't know them, they are an amazing couple who open their home and hearts to Young Life kids. The day consisted of lounging around (me taking a nap) watching some TV and just having some enlightening conversation. One conversation got me thinking. Love is a crazy thing.

Let me start off by saying that I have never had a love relationship that was focused on God. My past relationships have been self gratifying (thanks ben) and the law of God has not been followed. In my interactions with others especially lately I wonder why is it so easy to say you'll be a certain way but act totally different. Friends, boyfriends, family, YL kids, any relationship in general there is an 'ideal' way to act. Things never seem to work out that way.

In talking with the Sletten's and analyzing my relationships I have come up with a few actions I want to strive to carry out. God needs to be my focus of everyday. Although relationships in whatever form can stray our focus, God is the reason for everything. He needs to be the one gratified and I need to remember that if my focus is on Him my life will unfold. Another thing I need to stop doing is justifying everything. Just because in the past my life has gone in a certain direction does not give acceptance for it to follow suit. We all fall victims of comfort. As long as we are comfortable then everything is okay. I find myself falling away from God when I think everything is fine.

My mind track is probably jumping around just because as I write this Summer is cooking dinner, Kevin is running all over the place deciding whether to stay indoors or outdoors and our conversation is still continuing. But the main point I want to stress is that we all could use a little re-evaluation on where our focus is in our everyday lives.

POG to you. and Happy Mother's Day to all you baby mamma's.

No comments: