Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Music is my release..

My second post of the day. I can't sleep.

Tears. Smiles. Dances. Loneliness. Love. No matter what I'm feeling, music is how I get through it. I finally realized that tonight. I have had many different thoughts/emotions going through my head and music is what cleared everything up. I was listening to a random playlist and thinking of lyrics that expressed what I felt, only there were to many. On my AIM profile I always have a song of the moment that is constantly changing. Currently it is "Leave the Pieces" by The Wreckers.

I started thinking where my music appreciation came from, and actually all of my family is musical. I can't sing worth a crap, but my other family members can. Don't get me wrong, my rejection from the 7th grade choir tryouts didn't stop me. I still sing off key and loud but I love it! I also was a jack of all musical instruments. I started out with the violin for a year, piano for a few (I hated my piano teacher, she was an old hag at the time but now I'm sure she's a very nice lady) then the clarinet was my next venture. I played that for about 4 years but quit as soon as I got into highschool. The uniforms were definately not my color. My mom played the guitar and has an old accoustic sittin here in the basement. Maybe sometime this summer I'll teach myself to play. (I especially love hearing other people play the guitar.) So worship is my favorite time because I find a peace with the music and with God.

Thats all for my random post about music. Maybe I'll find some music that'll help me sleep. If I remember correctly I still have a CD from a cool friend of mine that could probably do the trick.


POG to you..

No comments: