Friday, May 05, 2006

POG629


Well I decided to start a blog. I enjoy reading other's and if you know me, I usually have a lot to say. There has been a lot going on in my life and I figure this could be a way to get this off my chest and get Christian opinions. I decided to start my first blog explaining me from the beginning. I have titled my blog "POG 629" because that is my beginning. As of June 29th (2002) I have had the Peace of God. I know its cheesy but its one of those things as a new Christian I came up with to be 'cool' with God. Of course I haven't always believed I have had that peace, but in desparate times it's always there. I'm not exactly sure what my thought process will be doing this blog and it could make absolutely no sense, but I'm trying it.

As most of you know, well whoever will read this could know, I just had surgery. It's fresh on my mind because as I lay here writing this blog I am trying to fight the urge to throw up. It seems as though I have picked up a virus in the 4 days since surgery and the medicine I have to take doesn't mix well with my pain medication. I'm not looking for sympathy or words of encouragement...I'm actually wanting to discuss something else.

When we are down and not feeling our best, we tend to feel sorry for ourselves. Granted I found out some news that could really affect my life in the long run..but that is nothing compared to other things going on in the world. The people who really deserve the prayers, the generous thoughts and actions are the ones who smile regardless of what is happening in their lives and who live their lives daily for Christ. I admire those people and vow one day I will be that selfless and live my life in udder thanks for what God did for me.

Well I dont know if that makes any sense...hey its okay I'm on drugs. ;o)

POG to you.

1 comment:

swishthedish said...

Welcome to the Blogosphere!