Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Moody Monday

So this blog has been a work in progress since Monday. (Which for me wasn't the best day...) Work was going well and all of a sudden I got sick. I don't know why, but food wouldn't stay down, and my head was spinning. My brother sent me home to rest but I knew I had my 4th treatment appointment...which luckily I could move up. With everything I had planned there was no way I could pencil in time to get sick!! A little old lady told me that day, "Getting sick is God's way of telling us to slow down."

I was thinking about what this little land-lady (or landlord woman) said to me and she was completely right. I have been constantly on the go! My focus on God has started to go elsewhere and I don't like it. On Monday night I went to worship at full volume. First and foremost worship is my favorite part of any service. It's a time to open your heart and pray through song. But then Charlie Dean gave a talk comparing our lives to old Oak tress. Of course I don't feel hollow on the inside but I feel as though when things aren't lined up with God's plan that there becomes a weakness in your middle. And that opens a door to every other thing to go wrong.

There are two particular weaknesses I have been struggling with lately. 1. I love to get to know people. Not just on a superficial level, but deep questions. I am blunt and ask things that other people may not. I feel as though you can tell so much about a person by their answers to the questions. But the negative part of this is people tend to take it the wrong way. It's my weakness because I get so excited to know people that I don't let time take its course. I need to be patient with God's will in my life.

Second weakness is that I am horrible at calling people back. I can think of at least 3 calls that need to be made, and of course I think of these while I'm at work. By the time I'm off my mind is elsewhere and I forget YET AGAIN. And these aren't calls that will take just a few minutes each..I'd like to talk and actually catch up. So to anyone that I have forgotten to call back, I'm sorry. I am going to try and complete all the calls this afternoon. I promise!! ;o) My goal is to get better with my correspondence.

45 minutes left of work!! YEA!!!

POG.

No comments: