Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Inspiration

Lately I've been thinking about the people in my life and how they inspire me. My friends probably think they do nothing of the sort, but from their everyday life, I learn.

On my drive home tonight from an eventful evening, I thought about my inspirations. I was on my way home from the Sletten's house and they are two people who are most influencial on my life. Not only do I value their opinions, suggestions, but I love them like my family. (Especially that cute little baby of theirs!) I pray that one day my husband can be like Kevin, and I can be as great of a mom as Summer.

Then there are my Christian friends. I feel as though there are a few that I can really dive in deep conversations with, and talk about my struggles. They know me, my strengths, my frustrations and can even talk about personal things with (Alyssa you should know what I'm talking about.) I just think that my friends lift me up and hold me to a higher standard and it makes me work hard. I love that. I have to be on my toes and maintain my spiritual journey.

Relationships are something that I think are so important and can really shape a person. I was thinking of past and possible future relationships and I think I have realized something I can not be without. My past relationships have always been self-centered and not God-centered no matter how much I tried or pretended. Obviously they have never worked out. I know that in my next relationship I want to be tested and pushed to keep strong on my path. Just thinking about having someone who makes me want to be a better person brightens my day. I have faith, stronger than I have had before.

Ahhhh I love life. ;o)

Loungin in the POG

1 comment:

JGanschow said...

And you are an inspiration to many as well! Good luck with all of your recruitment activities and be a light to all of those new and impressionable freshman lives!