Saturday, September 02, 2006

Consecrated.

I will be honest, until this past week I never knew what this word meant. It was always one of those 'churchy' words I never cared to learn. But the past two sermons at Northwoods have not only showed me, but inspired me. Consecrate...sounds like such a dirty word.

When I first became a Christian I lived my life for myself. As I had mentioned before I never felt conviction so I kept doing it. But the further I grew in my faith, the more I understood. I started to live for Him and not myself, or at least I thought I was. This past week I have been thinking a lot about my faith. Certain opportunities have risen and I feel as though I can let go a lot. I have always been afraid of living my Christianity out loud. I cared too much what my friends and my family would think of me. This past week I have been able to let that go.

I got a phone call on Wednesday from my YL area director Scott. We set up a lunch appointment to discuss full time Young Life staff. I couldn't stop smiling. All my thoughts and plans for my future seemed to disappear and I could only think of this. Wednesday night Cal talked about living for God and fully submitting ourselves to Him, what perfect timing. During my lunch we talked about the opportunities of full time staff and then came the kicker....after my interview the region could place me whereever they saw a need for me. Indiana, Wisconsin, Iowa, or Illinois. All of a sudden I started to feel nervous, almost as if I was saying "Okay God I'm willing to do your will as long as you place me in Peoria." What confuses me the most is the fact I was so set on California and as soon as I thought I'd be working in Peoria for full-time YL then it dissappeared...but then once I heard it could be elsewhere I got nervous again. In the same sense it's kind of like me saying, "God I want a Christian boyfriend/husband" but then adding in, "as long as he can fit in with my family." What am I thinking.

My goal for this week is to put myself aside in everything I do. Relationships, transitions, and whatever else may come my way. Oh and PS: A prayer request I would have would be a staff position open up around the area....I don't know if I am ready to leave quite yet!


POG to you, and may you be consecrated too. :o)

No comments: