Saturday, August 12, 2006

My disconnect.


First and foremost I'd like to shout out to Alyssa Yoder and tell her how excited I am to have her back! She's been in NY all summer and as of this afternoon she is back and ready for action. For those of you who don't know Alyssa she has the best personality and truely has a Christian heart. I love you girl and I can't explain how glad I am to have you back!

Secondly, I'd like to tell you that today I was at work, go figure, and I get a call from my mom. She proceded to tell me that one of the dressers I use is going to be a part of my nephews new bedroom set. Well thats all fine and dandy except for the small fact that I already have clothes that don't fit in the dressers and are still in boxes. I get home from work today and my clothes are in a pile on the floor. ;o( I know its going to a good cause, he's really cute...but it's like all of a sudden I don't need that dresser anymore? No one even said anything to me....talk about frustrating. It wasn't my dresser set, I know I was borrowing..but still. That was my vent for the day.

Now for the meat and potatoes of my disconnect. Lately I've been feeling really not into what I do. If that makes sense. I go to work, I eat, I sleep, and do the same thing over again. I hardly feel the desire to be around people. I've been frustrated with God on things that haven't happened, or that have happened. I feel as though my prayers are so repetative, I haven't had the desire to finish my book (yea the one I've been reading for months), I just have felt disconnected. I was riding home from work and put on the Christian station..and then it hit. "About You" by Zoe Girl came on and I realized that everything I was upset about, or concentrating on was about me. I have had totally the wrong focus, and its no wonder everything has been so crappy!!! I definately have something to work on this week to strive to get back!

This upcoming week is going to be the death of me!!! (EXTREMELY BUSY!!!!)


Peace of God to you (POG) Thats for you Chris and Bethany!!! PS: The picture was what came up when I Yahoo'd the word "disconnected"?!? Kinda creepy!

1 comment:

Chris said...

Thanks Leslie!
POG to you!