Sunday, August 06, 2006

I am a country girl..


Well not technically..I'm a city girl at heart with a little country in me..but I'm talking about music. I have a few friends that absolutely DESPISE the sound of country music. I was at work tonight listening to the radio and I realized that I truely love country music. I beg to differ with everyone who says country is all about getting drunk, breaking up and man's best friends.

In the span of my radio experience tonight I felt as though there were songs with lyrics that related to almost every aspect of my life. I was going through hell last week but as the song says, "just keep on going you might get out without the devil knowing you're there." Another song with lyrics declaring, "God gave us mountains so we learn how to climb."

The thing I love about country music now from what it was in the olden days (sorry if I offended anyone) is that it is easier to sing along to. It also serves as a great source of subliminal (spelling check ben?) lyrics. ;o) I must admit I am a music lover of all genre's....but country ranks in my top preferences.


POG to ya'll (my country twang)

No comments: