Friday, August 25, 2006

Oh back to school..


When I wrote that title I had the song from Billy Madison ringing in my head. I have read quite a few blogs regarding the beginning of the semester so I thought I would write one of my own. It seems as though my schedule is the same as a few of my friends, although I doubt I'll see them much this year.

I don't know if I posted this before, but my job at the hotel is going to count as an internship. And as Alyssa knows from her visit today, its as easy as pie. So I get 3 credit hours at Bradley for facebooking, myspacing, eating, and blogging. Thanks Bradley University! I do have to do some work here and there, but its customer service oriented and I love it.

The rest of my courses are on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I walked into my first class yesterday and found myself baffled. I need university hours so I just signed up for any 100 level course to get me through. Well this course was called "Computer Programming". I should have known it wasn't for me when I walked in and my friend looked at me awkwardly and said, "What are YOU doing in here?" The teacher started talking about O's and 1's and binary digits and the use of Java...I thought it was great we would be provided with coffee during class... ;o) I was going to stick it out and try the lab which was later on in the day but I ran into a friend of mine who convinced me to drop the course. I went and talked to his mom and got hooked up with "Crime and Society" instead. Everyone in the registrar's office told me if I was a good 'BS'er then I'd be great in this class. Other than that minor issue I think my schedule will be nice and boring, which I agree with the people who say that Senior year is full of boring classes.

With each new year comes great anticipation. I love the first few weeks of class because I always feel so organized. I get in this mindset that THIS is going to be the semester where I put forth 110% and never get behind. I can't wait to see what great things unfold for me this semester.

Hmmmmmm so now that my blog is done, what shall I do for the 3 hours and 15 minutes I have left of work???

POG to you.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Thats hilarious. Coffee in class is a great idea!!