Friday, August 18, 2006

Red Flags

Last night a few of my girl friends and I were talking about relationships. We had grown up being taught to watch for red flags. And how it seemed so common that no matter if we saw red flags, we held on tightly to the idea...or hope I should say that one day the person will change. I never will understand why it is so hard to let go of someone when you know there are things you don't want in a future. After thinking long and hard last night and a majority of today I know that red flags are there for a reason. I feel as though people can change, but most of the time it happens in the exact opposite way you'd hope. I've learned that in order to completely move on you have to just let go.

Soooo on a different topic, about a year ago I bought a new car. *I should have seen the red flags when the price of gas went up immediately* I traded in a '94 Honda Accord for a '02 Ford Explorer XLT (fully loaded) v8. Needless to say I am poor. Still am poor. And bust my butt to make my car payments and afford an average of $65.00 A WEEK in gas. So I was tired of 'holding on' to my baby and went to the dealership today. I test drove a '03 Honda Accord, black, black leather interior, sunroof, 2 door blah blah blah. I won't find out until tomorrow how much I will get for my Explorer, but I would LOVE a prayer request. The sooner I get this trade in, I'm hoping the sooner I can actually breath financially. I haven't seen any red flags on this Honda...So if you have time I'd love a shout up to God.

I hope that any one of you who have seen the red flags can have faith in God's plan and let go too. My favorite bible verse, (that I carry everywhere on me)

"Trust in the Lord with all your might, and lean not on your own understanding, in ALL your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." -Prov 3:5-6


POG to you!

No comments: