Thursday, August 10, 2006

Unanswered Prayers

"Sometimes I thank god for unanswered prayers
Remember when you're talkin' to the man upstairs
That just because he doesn't answer doesn't mean he don't care
Some of god's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers"
-Garth Brooks

I find that one of the things I question the most in my relationship with God is why do my prayers go unanswered. I pray for answers, for feelings to go away, or just to make common sense out of anything...and I find myself still waiting. Today I feel as though life makes a little more sense, either that or I'm just telling myself it does to move myself along.

The song "Unanswered Prayers" talks about a guy who is with his wife and they run into his ex. When they were younger he felt as though the couple would have been perfect together forever, he even prayed to God to make it happen. But afterward he realized if God would have put them together then he wouldn't have met his beautiful wife, and then realized God's greatest gifts, are unanswered prayers.

I am friends with all of my ex's. I don't see a point in avoiding someone just because they were a part of your life. Some I see are extremely happy in where they are and it makes me happy. What bothers me the most is when I see people who are too good for the situation they put themselves in. Maybe I have high expectations for relationships, or maybe just optomistic in when I find 'the one' it won't be a work in progress. It makes me sad to think that the people who once were happy now have to concentrate on having a good day. I'd rather be happy and alone, then in a relationship struggling. I guess I have to thank God for my unanswered prayers.

I have been in such a great mood lately!!! I LOVE IT!!!

POG to you!!

No comments: