Monday, September 18, 2006

Permadent.

Or should I say Perma-smile. The past few days have really been a blessing for me. I've needed them. I have felt so in-line with God and with that I feel organized (read previous post) and like I can accomplish anything.

Work was hard today and I had plans of hitting the books right when I got home. Well I sat on my bed and checked my ritual or websites, and I accidentally fell asleep, for 2 hours!! Tonight was our second Young Life club. On my way there I rolled down all the windows and turned up the music...it was BEAUTIFUL outside!!!! Club tonight...ahh talk about high energy and amazing. I love the people I lead with! We all have different talents to bring to the club and although it didn't run completely without bumps...I felt amazing afterward. The kids are great and we have a lot of new faces!! It makes me pumped for the weeks to come!! PERMA-SMILE.

After club I had every intention of coming home and doing my homework. Instead I wanted to go to full volume. Not only was the worship great, but I had the chance to hear my friend Jake talk for the first time! You know when you are on fire for God and you hear someone talk...could be your best friend, could be a complete stranger and you feel as though the message is directed towards you...well thats how I felt. The whole time he was giving the message I had this desire in my heart to revamp where my worship was headed. I love worship. It's one of my favorite things! But it's like there are smaller things that I worship in addition to God instead of just Him, because He in actuality IS the small things. Love is something I worship besides Jesus. But Jesus IS love. Instead of concentrating on the smaller aspect I need to give it all to the greater good. Perma-smile.

After Full Volume I had great conversation and I really felt blessed with all of my friendships. I love when we can dance around and be stupid and know that everyone is watching us and it doesn't matter. Thats how tonight was. (Granted in the back of my mind I had all the stuff I have to do by tomorrow but It didn't matter.) On my way back home we, Tara, Zach and myself turned up music, rolled the windows down and sang as loud as we could to worship songs while driving on the back country roads. God's sky was beautiful. Stars shining bright, cold breeze.....PERMA-SMILE.


Today's reason to smile: Because I can't stop. ;o)

1 comment:

Ryan said...

reading your blogs make me happy.