Sunday, September 10, 2006

Arachnophobia.


I saw the movie when I was 6 and have been afraid of spiders ever since. The past two years I have lived in a bedroom in a basement so my interaction with 8-legged creatures have increased. I have gotten better because there have been times when I have to kill them myself. Last night as I was showering from a long day of recruitment (I'll talk about that in a bit) I was standing under the running water with facewash on and I opened my eyes to a SPIDER HANGING FROM THE CEILING ON HIS WEB!!!! EYE LEVEL!!!!!! Of course I did the most girly thing without even thinking and I screamed bloody murder-over and over with a little shrieking. I was trying to push myself as far away from this nasty thing but in a small little shower (no bath tub) there wasn't much room. I was knocking things off of the shelf and I felt like spiderman as I was proped in the corner. My mom came running down due to my continuous yelling and I had absolutely no problem inviting her into the bathroom to kill this thing. She of course was like "Oh look its making a web" and I wasn't concerned with that at all!! He was in my shower sneakin a peak! What makes you realize how badly I was feeling, I moved the shower curtain and at this point I was half screaming and half laughing because I was so nervous...I did not care if my mom saw me naked (she didn't look I think) Now I have not allowed that since I was in pampers!! I was desparate. Luckily Cathy came to the rescue and allowed me to enjoy the rest of my shower. (A little embarrassed)

Yesterday was the first day of recruitment! It was awesome. We are supposed to have 10 girls total....well I had 6 not show up. Which left me with 4. I was bummed out even though there is a possibility they'd come today....but then I got to know my girls. With the smaller group we had plenty of time to talk and just hang out. I loved it! The other groups have full numbers and haven't really gotten too personal. I feel as though this is such a great opportunity to witness and I am excited that I have four amazing girls!!!

A great reason to smile: I got 12 hours of sleep last night!! But also knowing God puts us in places where we can be used as influences to others because He loves us so much and believes we can do a great job for the Kingdom!

1 comment:

twaddle said...

Kind of ironic that you felt like spiderman while trying to avoid a spider