Sunday, September 24, 2006

The sum of it all


This past week has been really great, overall. Granted there have been a few bumps in my road but through a little help from others I've managed to cruise on.

So I'm pretty content in my life right now. I'm constantly learning more about God and in turn more about myself. I've been surrounded by great people who help my journey tremondously. (SP?) The past few weeks I've been tested in certain areas and in my opinion succeeded!

One thing I've struggled with...struggle sounds like such a bad word. I've thought about this a lot...much better, is marriage. At my age I find it beautiful but frustrating watching everyone around me getting engaged and married and starting a family. At times it felt as though my ball would never be pulled in the lottery of love. It was almost as if I was stressing to find 'the one' yet there were so many other areas of my life I wasn't okay in first. I've read the books, had the debates, and all in all these past few weeks I have realized I am okay being single. So does anyone besides me ever feel tested when everything is going great?

I was working at the hotel yesterday and there was a lot of guests that were around my age. I thought they were in town for a sporting event or something and when I asked I got a surprising answer. They were in town from Texas because a college buddy of theirs is getting married today. It was so exciting to watch them all day because everyone was giddy. The mother of the groom was setting up for the rehearsal dinner in our meeting room and it was a blessing to watch how excited she was. It made me want to get married. (In the future)

Then last night I was at Nexus, which by the way was so energizing! Worship was great and the talk was great. Charlie gave a few lists regarding dating. I have never agreed and felt more challenged regarding my dating situation. I know how I want to handle things when I find that person...and I can honestly say I am okay with waiting. This doesn't mean ideas don't run through my head ;o)

My reason to smile: Love.

No comments: