Thursday, September 14, 2006

Just Breath.

I was walking from Baker Hall to Bradley hall this morning and couldn't help but notice how beautiful it was outside! I was sitting in my 12:00 class, and let me tell you how BORING it is. The only time I have paid any attention in that class was when the teacher was talking about something that coincided with the book I was reading to pass the time. (Rob Bell "Velvet Elvis") I sit next to the window, first mistake, and the teacher is always late, second mistake. I ended up convincing myself that at 12:30, almost half way into the class I was going to leave and spend time outside. Let me tell you how refreshing it was! I went on a walk, book bag and all. It was a great time to talk to God about where He wants me to be and what He wants me to do. Then I had the wonderful opportuity to catch up with a friend and just talk about our lives. I started thinking I experienced so much in this time where I would just be sitting there listening to a man talk about crime and society. As I was walking I thought to myself to take it in...and just breath.

My day kept getting better. I had a quiz, more a test..teachers use funny definations for things. So I was outside on the quad studying. Never in 4 years at Bradley University have I EVER studied outside on the quad. I was joined by another friend who's conversation was just as enjoyable. I felt so full. My face was smiling ear to ear.



My reason to smile today: Fall. The cool breeze, beautiful nights, sweaters, cuddling outdoors, pumpkin 'stuff'....ahhh ;o)

No comments: