Friday, September 15, 2006

A new day


So after my amazing day yesterday, last night just wasn't right. The hardest part was going from having such an insightful day to wrestling with God. I felt bi-polar. I blame the drugs. (ONLY 2 MORE MONTHS!!) Questions were running through my mind that became more frustrating the more I realized I still have no answers for them. I went to bed..slept not so well...and woke up 4 1/2 hours later just to come to work.

I am so grateful that today is a new day. The sun was rising when I got to work (this sunrise picture was from a few weeks ago with my phone's camera)and after my morning cup of coffee I began reading my book. I have started "Velvet Elvis" by Rob Bell. I have seen a few of the Nooma videos, I just wanted to read the book. I suddenly felt at ease. It helped me understand that its okay to question/wrestle/doubt/ask God because in doing that I am owning my faith. It made me feel normal, not bipolar. I may not know all of the answers now, and some I may not EVER know. I just know I can't let myself get caught up in it.

Today has been a really eventful day at the Courtyard hotel. Joke. I have done nothing but try and learn how to juggle. No joke. I think I'm getting the hang of it! But they are having me use balls of tissue paper so they fly through the air a little easier..because the only other balls we have are golf balls and I think everyone is a little afraid. ;o) Lets hope by the end of the day I will be a pro juggler tossing torches into the air. Joke.

My weekend is consumed with recruitment. Let's just say I have never been as anxious to have a fast weekend! It has taken up all of my weekend time...and by that time I mean church/Nexus. I can NOT wait to go next weekend!!!! ;o) Okay enough blabble.....


My reason to smile today: It's TARA HARDY's 21st BIRTHDAY!!!!! Happy birthday soon-to-be roomie!!!

1 comment:

Ryan said...

this was a funny blog...it made me laugh. i really like reading your blogs, even more than anyone elses.