Friday, June 09, 2006

My week in a nutshell..

This week has been pretty up and down. And I have tried posting twice already but everytime the 'Blogger' goes down and it loses my whole post. So I'm recaping my week.

I saw The Break Up on Tuesday. I was let down. Granted it has it's funny quotes but the movie was too realistic. I thought when seeing a movie with Vince Vaughn (HOTTIE) in it I would walk away laughing not crying. But the movie did an excellent job portraying real life relationships and how they usually end. With everyone who has had a hard break up in their life, this movie will definately hit home.

Wednesday was just kind of laying out, church, then hanging out with the amazing people I love.

Thursday was when I really had a down day. I went out to Starbucks to meet with my friend Michelle to plan some things for our big trip to Castaway. As I was pulling out of the parking lot my car froze. Yep, I ran out of gas. (1st time EVER and I was heading right to the gas station)So like any girl does when they are in distress, I called my hero. Nic Hahn. (I think he's everyone's hero at times) He came and got me some gas and actually didn't make fun of me as much as I thought. Anyways so I got ready for work and the 8 hour shift was really not what I needed. There was a party upstairs in one of the suites hosted by some U of I basketball players and as I was walking out of the hotel a few attendees stopped me. One inparticular.

"Hey girl are you pregnant?" he yelled. Pissed off and tired from my long night at work I retorted, "Excuse me?!" "Your stomach is stickin out or something." he decided to clarify. At this point in time I didn't care who he was or what he was doing at my hotel I turned around and with a tone that would show him he chose the wrong person to mess with, "What did you just say to me". It was then he told me he just wanted me to stop and talk to him and was wondering if he could have my number because I was cute. I started to walk away to my car and he mumbled under his breath "Man thats rude." There was no way I was in the mood to let someone bad mouth me under his breath so I turned around and started walking and loudly saying, "YOu want to talk about rude, call a girl pregnant when that is clearly not the case." He backed down and I walked to my car with my head held high. Then he yells "maybe I'll just come see you at work if thats not stalkerish." I got in my car and drove off. Stalkerish, is that even a word? Talk about the WORST pick up line EVER!

Thursday night I couldn't sleep. When I would doze off I would wake feeling like I had slept for hours, only to see it was just for a short time. I woke up probably 10 times last night. I had a lot on my mind and I was struggling with God about if what is in my heart is what I want or what He wants. Sometimes you just have to let go when you want to hold onto something by even the littlest piece.

POG to you!!

Castaway Countdown: 9 days!

2 comments:

swishthedish said...

wait, so did you give him your number....

Leslie said...

Hopefully he calls.... NOT!!! No Ben. I didn't.