Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Castaway


I've waited to post a blog on my latest trip to Minnesota. I don't know exactly how to explain it. This was my 5th summer heading up to this Young Life camp, and I honestly learn new things each time. This trip was different, I will admit. Not only because of the unexpected trip to Chicago in the middle of the week, but also the people that were there.

The AFT girls were amazing, (the girls in my cabin) and I don't think I could have picked a better group myself. We got down and dirty, and had fun in the sun. ;o) I learned so much about these girls that in turn allowed me to learn about myself. The weather was beautiful! Being the veteran of leaders really made me miss Summer and Kevin!!!!!

It was crazy the difference felt when I was pulled out of that God filled atmosphere to come home and be with my family. I had so much hate in my heart for the airline that screwed up my flight, and just people in general. As soon as I stepped foot on that land it all literally left. Its so easy to love and live while you are there. (The whole love part: Castaway is beautiful and will one day be the perfect place to fall in love)

There are things in my life that I'm holding onto. Parts of my past that make it hard to put my full focus on God. It was so easy to cast them away (haha Castaway..get it?) while I was there but yet came bombarding back once I got home. The things I learned from my girls, and other great people while I was there have been getting me through it all!!! I can't wait to go back!

POG to you all!! and AFT: "Two fingers out like a true playa.."

No comments: