Saturday, January 06, 2007

Brain fart from life..

So there has been so much going on in the past month that I have taken a sebatical from life it seems. I just have become a hermit. 3 major items.

1. Truck for sale. Talk about a lousy buy. It however has gotten me from A to B for the past year, but also has lead me to broke. I finally had my first car issue the past few weeks. My right rear wheel bearing has seen it's last day. I've gotten two estimates with an average somewhere between $450-$600. Holy cow! So I got a name of an independent mechanic who does work for cheap cash. I know, I should have thought something was fishy when I dropped it off and there was no business name on the garage. But hey, he was going to charge me $60.00 in labor and I bought the replacement kit at some parts store. After 5 hours went by and I still hadn't gotten a call saying it was ready, I called him, told him to just put things back the way they were and I was going to take my truck back, broken and all. Unless anyone has any mechanic friends that will change the wheel bearings on my 2002 Ford Explorer, I'm sucking it up and making an appointment at the Ford dealership...

2. I graduate college in 5 months. CRAP! I have come to the realization that I will be soon joining the work force...but my problem is, I have never had to really apply for a job. I don't have a resume, although on paper my work ethic looks stellar. Jobs have always just fallen in my lap before. I am not so sure I am feeling called to be in Youth Ministry anymore. But then again I think I've been ignoring God so we'll see if it comes back since I've realized the error of my ways. Anyone know of any jobs, no insurance claims (Sorry Justin.) I'm great at working with people, typing, selling....pretty much anything I put my mind to. I'm fun, well if you are reading this you probably know that anyway ;o)

3. I've been ignorant to what God has been telling me. Not anymore. Lately in my heart I've been feeling battle. I have been accepting of things that aren't typical and that go against what I know I need. I can't do that anymore and nothing is as important to me as following my God who died for me. I've come to the realization that I can still be a 'cool Christian' but I can't let my actions lead me from my beliefs. I want to feel God smile. And if thats losing people in my life I know God has his plan. Although I am not ready to throw in the towel I'm taking my own direction, if other's follow...then so be it.

Thats my fart in a nutshell. (That sounds sooooo disgusting but I'm delerious from boredom at work!!!!!)

My reason to smile: I will be the ripe old age of 22 on Monday....and I for once don't have any expectations. I love it.

1 comment:

JGanschow said...

Leslie, our lives are all too similar. Frankly, it's frightening. Are you sure you don't want to work in claims? I too am still waiting with baited breath for my true calling. clueless. And my beliefs are constantly questioned by those close to me, but I'm not going to compromise what I know is right to be what they want me to be or who I used to be. Life is hard, but we gotta keep livin! Be strong, be Leslie!