Monday, January 29, 2007

VOP"s

Last night Tim and I were trying to decide where to go eat. It's been years since I've been to Vonochan's so I thought since it was back in action we should try it out. The second we walked in, I did NOT get a good vibe. It wasn't like I remembered it at all! As we were looking over the very broad menu, we kind of wanted to get up and leave. Then I hear a "Too Late" and the waitress was there to take our order. (I probably would have felt too bad to leave anyway..but Tim was coming up with a good plan.)

The problem I had with VOP's, besides the food was horrible...was the fact that their menu was full of choices. Not just food choices, but types of food. They had Italian, Mexican, American, Seafood....kind of like they didn't know what kind of restaurant to be. The ambiance was different too. The room was bright but yet also had candles? Tim and I were the youngest people there. But the foooooooooood.

Not that I am proud of this, but I go out to eat a lot. I have never wanted to leave food on my plate before. I am really picky and like to/need to finish my plate. Not last night. The only thing I was able to finish was my salad and prime rib. Talk about discusting mashed potatoes. Tasted like....well no taste at all actually. Cardboard. The au ju sauce was like a cup of soy sauce. I have never been so dissappointed in a meal before!

I guess next time it's Woodcutter.

2 comments:

charlesdean2 said...

hate to burst your bubble, but woodcutter went out of business a couple months ago!

Leslie said...

DANGIT!