Monday, January 08, 2007

The Mummy

I know, I don't post for a few days, and I have two in a span of a few hours. Let me explain:

I work back to backs maybe once or twice a week. (Thats where I work 3-11 at night and I come back at 7am the next day.) Well I have been sick and last night was my first of two back to backs this week. I decided to take some medicine to help me sleep and I took Sudafed since I was out of Nyquil. Being stupid I read the box afterwards and it said "non-drowsy". Great. I won't be able to sleep. Well I decided to take one of my muscle relaxers after checking to make sure it was okay to mix the two. They usually knock me out in no time. Well I started to get drowsy and went to lay in bed. After my nightly prayers, which usually make me pretty sleepy as well, my mind was still awake. This trend lasted until I got up this morning. My body was heavy and comfortable but my mind was racing. I thought about the most random things!! Here's an example:

1. When I was going to get my car fixed.
2. What bills I had to pay.
3. My resume (yes, I started writing it in my head)
4. I was playing Spider Solitare in my head.
5. Singing, "Somethings Gotta Give" by Leann Rhymes
6. Actually thinking when I have to start school, and arranging 6 more credit hours before then.
7. My future family. (tried picturing my house and kids...)
8. Sheep. Didn't work.
9. Flowers...don't know why..

I am now at work, still feeling the effects of the 12 hour Sudafed....I know it's my birthday and all but all I want to go home and do is either sleep or clean. How lame am I.

No comments: