Saturday, January 20, 2007

Rain on my parade..

The hotel biz has been really hard to stick with lately. In my head I need to prepare for the real world and I don't think I'm suited for hotels. I love the people I work with. The work just sucks. The problem was I had no idea what I wanted to do. I was at work on Friday when I got a random phone call. It was a lady wanting to set up an interview to be her assistant. She works/I think owns, a few radio stations. I would be working with clients, setting up promotions, filing, and designing stuff on the computer. Very flexible hours and she seems like a great lady to work for, granted I talked to her only for 20 minutes. I got a very good feeling about this after talking with her. She even said she wasn't too concerned with my resume, which was good because I only had a rough draft of one since I never planned on needing it. (I always wanted to go to Cosmetology school after I graduated Bradley.) So the e-mail has been set, and a meeting hopefully will happen within the next week! Prayer REquest please!!

Then comes the rain. I have realized today I am financially struggling again. I'm in over my head in debt. Car payments, cell phone bills, insurance, gas, credit cards, utilities, the list goes on and on. I know God will provide for me...but what if I don't have a car to drive? See my grandparents put money towards what I owe on my car for Christmas and my birthday, so in my head at least payments to my past due balances were being made......well my buddy Selina sent me a letter today informing me again I'm still past due. Dangit. I need some major prayers that God would slap some sense in me when it comes to money. I am so quick to pick up the tab for others becuase I know they would do it for me, or invite someone to dinner to catch up and then realize afterward I could only afford bread and water.

Some people like that struggle, because it brings them closer to God. I don't have that peace.....

on a better note::I'm feeling 10x better healthwise! No more mono!

1 comment:

JGanschow said...

this is such a hard place to be- a slave to debt. believe me, i'm right next to you in the trenches. just stay faithful and hopeful and keep your eyes open for the opportunities presented. He will get you through!