Friday, December 29, 2006

Holiday Cheer

If you've kept up on my blog posts (they aren't as frequent recently) but you'll know how I have felt about Christmas. The unnecessary MONTH of Christmas songs on WCIC and even spreading to the country stations as well, was the icing to the cake. If it weren't the time we celebrated the birth of our Lord and Savior, I could do without Christmas. This year my holiday was a bit different.

I went up to my dad's side of the family for the first time in about 10 years. Due to work and my sister's family it was just easier to stay here. Well this year I realized how much I appreciate my family. The Christmas dinner was so amazing, partially due to the company. My only regret was that I had to leave before dinner was over so I could make it to work by 7pm Christmas night. (So I left around 4:45 from the north suburbs and clocked in at 7:05pm.) Thankfully there were no police out that night. We still celebrated Christmas with my mom's side of the family, and even that was better then years past. I think it's because my family is growing up. The grandkids are almost all 21 and its like we WANTED to be there.

I think this year was the change in my heart. I'm excited for next Christmas. ;o)

No comments: