Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Beautiful Affirmation

Ever since Saturday I have felt back on track with God. No more hiatus. I went to New Community at Northwoods last night, and let me just tell you I left so refreshed. I know God wanted to show me a sign. It was during worship that it happened. In the row in front of where I was sitting there was this girl. She had to be 4 or 5 years old. Like any little kid wants to do when they are in a large area she was standign on her chair so she could see. The song "Blessed Be Your Name" came on and thats when it happened. This innocent child spread her arms open and began to worship. She would use sign language on the parts she knew but other then that she was signing loud to the Lord with her arms open in surrender. I have never seen anything so beautiful, so outstanding. It brought tears to my eyes, enough that a few fell down my face. The mother looked at her daughter, smiled and looked around to see if she was causing anyone elses' attention. When she caught my eye I smiled and she hugged and kissed her daughter in a way to show me that she too thought it was beautiful.

I have never left a service at Northwoods so uplifted. As Cal talked about the aim for the church beginning this new year, I was excited. I pray that his dreams are fulfilled in that church and I know I want to be there to see it happen. As if church wasn't exciting enough, we had a great campaigners last night! We discussed being a new creation in Christ and the old has gone. We each were able to physically get rid of our past and project what we'd see in the future. I love those girls.

My reason to smile: God.

1 comment:

JGanschow said...

Les,
I'm glad you were there last night. How privilaged we are to belong to such an amazing church! I can't wait to see God's plan for Nwoods to unfold as Cal lays it out. Great things are to come. It was also refreshing to hear that even someone as strong and wise as Cal still struggles with his purpose. I don't feel so bad for being clueless! Hope to see you tonight!