Monday, July 10, 2006

Turn the Page..


I'm not talking about the wonderful classic by Bob Seger, this has been my life for the past few weeks. I have not only been diving in deep to a few books. I was cleaning and rearranging all the boxes full of stuff since I moved into my mother's house a few days ago and I found my first Christian book I read. "Redeeming Love" by Francine Rivers.

The novel is based on the bible book of Hosea. Of course "Redeeming Love" has more of a fabricated love story, but it really made me think of my loves. In the book God tells this man named Michael Hosea to fall in love with a prostitute. He finds her and pays all the money to just talk to her and tells Angel (the women) that God told him to marry her. Of course she's hesitant to give up her lifestyle because she's comfortable where she is now. Angel is using prostituton because that was how she was raised and she doesn't think a man could really ever love her with REAL love. After living with Michael for a bit she feels very guilty as if she doesn't deserve to feel this way so she runs back to prostitution. God still is telling Michael he needs to be with this women and frustrated he goes back to the city to find Angel and bring her home. This happens a few times and each time they spend on the farm together the closer they grow. A love grows and the final time that Michael goes to fetch Angel he catches her in the act. Imagine watching the women you love be with someone else. Granted, this novel was turned 'trashy' to entice the reader but I think it shows us a lot that we should learn about love.

If we had that compassion that Michael Hosea had our world would definately be a better place. Our friends, family, significant others may do things that we may not necessarily agree with but if we have compassion to care for them regardless then I think everyone would be a LOT happier! Thats one thing I am trying to work on in my life. Opening my heart and having the initial grace to others that God has given me.

I hope everyone has the POG tonight!

No comments: