Monday, July 03, 2006

The best July 3rd EVER!


As I write this, I'm laying in bed not wanting to go to sleep because the day will end. I don't want it to end but I am sooo tired! The first great news is tht Kevin and Summer have a beautiful baby girl! Lyza Gray Sletten was born at 7:39 this morning weighing in at 9lbs and a shrimpy 19 inches long. What a doll baby!! I got the pleasure of spending a few hours at the hospital watching the glowing parents and holding the bundle of joy. What a way to start out the day!

After a nap I headed out to Morton. The group of my friends and I went out to the Rinkenbergers (sp) farm to have a pre-4th of July cookout. Their land is beautiful! We hung out with the horses (one of which bit me in the butt-kinda hurt), went swimming in the lake, rope swung into the water, and took a few laps in the pool. It was just an amazing time and while we were all on the lake at night they set off fireworks.

As I was looking up at the sky tonight I really felt God in my heart. I have been blessed with great friends and I am excited to wait and see what else is to come!!

POG to you!

1 comment:

Ryan said...

July 3rd was a great day...