Thursday, July 13, 2006

James is the MAN!

So only my campaigner girls will understand the title of this blog. We recently read through the book of James and let me tell you what perfect timing. Lately I've been struggling with feeling some not-so-Christian things. There were a few points in the book that really got me thinking.

James 1:2-3
"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance."


Now I don't know about you, but when I go through trials I am NOT joyed. I am pretty preturbed that its YET another thing I have to go through. But what I have realized in the past few weeks is lately when I am tried I turn to God and I know I have grown because of it. Granted, I still get frustrated but I'm working on it!

James 1:19-20
"Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires."


Oh come on folks, if anyone knows me they will know that this is something I do not do. (Especially while driving, I'm road rages #1 client) But lately I've hated that about myself. Why can't I just let things roll off my chest like other people. Through my life I've gotten really good at dealing with things if I am given them to deal with. But if thats not the case I can't even explain what happens inside of me. Another thing to add to the "TO DO" list.

Along those same lines.. Someone can be built up as easily as being torn down.
James 3: 5
"Likewise the tongue is a small part of the body that makes great boasts."


James 4: 7-10
"Submit yourselves, then, to God. resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Grieve, mourn, and wail. Change your laughter to mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up."


James 5:20
"Whoever turns a sinner from the error of his way will save him from death and cover over a multitude of sins."


That should be inspiration to anyone who is a Christian.


I'm done. That is why James is the Man!! POG to ya'll!

1 comment:

Lori said...

Thank you! This was a good read.