Friday, July 21, 2006

Growing pains..

Great show but horrible truth. The past few weeks I have been thinking about my life. I don't know if it's this way for anyone else, but growing up has definately had its pains. Besides the awkward growing up stage (I attempted to put a picture of me in my awkward stage but it isn't on my computer anymore..maybe some other post) I think this stage I'm at now could be what kills me or makes me grow.

See I am at the second awkward stage in life. Not the braces, bad hair, and drama..but the important life decisions and the "do I party like a rockstar or want to settle down" type of debate. I have been forced to grow up at a very young age, and because of that I am who I am today. I have had a consistant job since I was fourteen and have stayed pretty much financially independant since. (My parents help with the big stuff like school and doctor bills...thank goodness!) But while all of my friends were out having fun, I was stuck working. I see it now because I know the value of a dollar and I hardly take things for granted. Starting in highschool I hung out with an older crowd, and still do. My friends and I found we had a lot in common with the older people and we just kind of clicked.

Thats all well and good except at my age, the older crowd is seriously dating or married. So when I hang out with my older friends I feel as though I should be doing that same thing. But when I hang out with the people my age or my young life kids I find myself not thinking about that type of thing. The hard part about it is when I mention something to people my age about moving on in life and settling down I get the same response, "Your SOOOO young". So I guess my question is when is it ever a right time? How OLD do you have to be to move on?

That was just the question on my mind today...I'm off to work my last leg of a triple, only 9 hours of work left (plus a little sleep) until I go to Chicago for the weekend!!!


POG to you!!!

1 comment:

JGanschow said...

It's so hard to be in the transition period between college and marriage!! Almost all of my friends from school are married and some are having kids already. My friends from Nexus are mostly still in college and not in career mode yet. It's hard to know where to be and to keep a care-free spirit while dealing with the responsibilities of independence. If you figure it out, please let me know! Have a super day!