Thursday, January 14, 2010

Rain

For Christmas I decided to give relational gifts to my family members. To my mom, whose love language is quality time, I gave her a calendar to have her pick a date night each month. Our first date night was last night and we went to Kellehers and to see the show "Rain" at the Civic Center. Rain is a tribute band to The Beetles. Each album was represented with the top songs as well as the styles each member had at the time. My observations of the night:

1. The Beetles are probably the best musical group that I have observed. I know RAIN did not include the original members, but according to my mother and the music I've heard, it was very comparable. From their first album to the last ,their musical talent progressed immensely and their sound was true rock and roll.
2. The music that the Beetles produced was very relevant to the times their albums were released. The messages were of peace and love.
3. The audience was older and let me tell you old people dancing compared to what I'm used to is hilarious. Let me stick my thumbs out and shake side to side. Hilarious.
4. Out of all the videos I did not see one big-chested or big-boned woman. My mom tells me they existed and they just weren't portrayed because thats not the image people wanted to describe that era.

All in all it was a great show and it really made me want to listen to the old hits.

No comments: