Monday, November 05, 2007

The Gym Clique

Summer and I have been on a workout schedule for maybe 1-2 months? I don't exactly remember what triggered us to start our 6am workout, but despite some accidents and illness, we have stayed strong. Each morning my routine after my workout pretty much stays the same. In the locker room there is a group of women (clique) that must have known each other for years. They talk about family, relationships, TV, shopping...the typical female locker room stuff. Me being the social butterfly that I am, I get ready on the complete opposite side of the locker room and keep to myself. Today the locker room barrier was broken. We spoke.

Here I was, minding my own business getting ready to hop in the sauna when
Clique Member #1 asked me where I got my bandeau towel. Caught off guard I answered her, and a conversation struck up. (Mind you, only about towels- she uses the towel service at Golds)
Clique member #2 thanked me when I got her papertowel to dry her hands without her asking for it.
Clique Member #3 was surprised I noticed her hair color was darker and told me I was the only one who noticed when I complimented her on it.

I prayed God would work in my heart this morning when I woke up. I want to show people love and kindness. I broke the Locker room barrier. Maybe in another few months I will actually be able to get ready near them. :)

1 comment:

JGanschow said...

women talk in the locker room?
weird.

guys don't talk. well some do-loudly-into their cell phones-in order to impress everyone else. usually it's about some business transaction, a named monetary amount to be transferred here or there, or barking commands at a subordinate for the latest project their heading. lame.
no cliques though. that would be WAY weird.