Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Lessons Learned

Thinking back on where I've been, God has gotten me through a lot. Each circumstance has brought a lesson in my life. As I search for answers to possible 'lessons' I'm supposed to learn in this set of storms, I've come up with a few possibilities.

1. God's unwavering grace. The positive people I'm surrounded with keep me reminded that God continually blesses me. I am no where near where I used to be when I was without Him. Times get tough, but my faith gets stronger.

2. I am a witness. With the recent changes in my life, I am a witness to those around me. Young Life kids, co-workers, etc, etc. The way I handle situations reflects God in my heart. I could potentially lead someone around me to see Christ in my thoughts, words, and actions.

3. I deserve a Christian relationship. Until Ryan I never felt that in my heart. I never believed that a Christian man could love me/care for me because of where I've been. Ryan's genuine Christian heart allowed me to open up about my past and rest assured that I was a new person in Christ. If anything, I can walk away knowing that I can be respected.

4. Patience rested in faith.

5. The power of prayer is huge. I will do nothing in my day but pray. Prayer for praise, prayer for restoration, prayer for peace, and prayer for softening of hearts. Prayer is huge and I feel this is my only way to be vulnerable and raw with God. ...ask and you shall receieve, knock and He will answer....

My storms are not yet over. After much surrender, I know God is with me. I will not be sure of what God is trying to teach me right now, until these storms pass. My heart will be shaped and molded into what God desires, but until that day when the ache of change is gone, I will praise my God for every day of deliverance.

No comments: