Wednesday, November 28, 2007

On 10.

Today I came to a horrible realization that was definately 'blogworthy'. Every Wednesday Summer Molly and I go to Richwoods for lunch to hang out with our Young Life friends. It does give a sense of comfortability seeing friendly faces of teachers & administration. But today I had a horrible realization of how old I really was.

In the terazzo there was a bake sale today. My friend Kelsey told me that on the announcements this morning the bake sale was supposed to be 'on ten'. This didn't seem right to me. So I said, "On 10 tables? Wow they were way off, it's only on 1." BUT supposedly 'On 10' is a new slang phrase for "The Bomb" or "The S***".

I try to pride myself of being hip or up to date on things. This was the first time in my life my age showed. Wow.

2 comments:

charlesdean2 said...

it only get's worse...trust me on this, and no matter how hard you try to keep up, you end up (a)failing and/or (b)looking pathetic...

so...accept it...you're one of use now...MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

JGanschow said...

what does that even mean? "on ten"? weirdos.