Sunday, November 15, 2009

The ugly truth

My mom is probably the most independent woman I have ever met. She was forced into this position a little over 20 years ago and dedicated to raising my sisters and I to count on ourselves and only ourselves. If there was anything we wanted growing up we worked hard to get it.

I see this affecting how I live my life today. Perfect example: the other day I went into Verizon to look into purchasing a new phone. The internet told me it'd be cheaper then the sales guy was, and he definitely wasn't giving me the answer I wanted. I got upset and left. Big whoop. I don't NEED a new phone, it would just be a luxury. But it made me realize how I honestly don't like when things don't pan out the way I imagine.

How can we constantly remind ourselves that unfortunately life is not all about us? It needs to be how we love others and how we can change/impact lives around us.

No comments: