Thursday, November 19, 2009

Here you are.

The last few years have been a journey for me to say the least. It got to the point where I was rock bottom and needed help. I turned to everyone that I knew would support me and have grown so much personally that I can't not repay them.

I get very reflective around this time of year. Partially because it means a new year for new blessings and mistakes is about to start. I for sure thought 2009 would be "My Year", whatever that meant. Chances are I will consider every year until I'm in the ground "My Year".

God has blessed me lately with the ability to see things for the reality that they are. I look at people who were in my life and the route they have chosen for themselves and every time I do, I thank God for unanswered prayers. I can't imagine what my life would be like if they were still in the picture. I'm beginning to realize that about myself. We all look at situations as if they are the most important thing in life to us at that moment. When they are out of the picture or over with it's as if the feelings that existed were mere figments of my imagination, or false satisfaction for personal desires.

The good, the bad, the ugly. They are all a part of what makes our story. I now look at those people as just that, fuel to my story of life. So thank you to the people (I really wanted to put assholes- not because I'm bitter or angry but because it's a fun word to say) for being just a part of my story.

No comments: