Monday, December 18, 2006

Reason #94- Why Holidays suck.

Okay so I'm not THAT big of a scrooge and I have not made a list up to almost a hundred reasons why the holidays aren't my favorite...but this reason is up there.

Ever since I was little it has been a huge deal of having Christmas either at my mom's or dad's. We used to have a schedule in which we followed Thanksgiving here, Christmas there and the next year it switched. But it was never okay. Someone always had a problem every holiday. I got to thinking today when I had to make a tough phone call, that maybe this is why my holidays have been so commercialized. Worrying about presents, who was going to bring what to the Thanksgiving and not about the fact of being together. As I grew older and began working I have spent holidays around Peoria. Then it has become a ritual to go celebrate Christmas at my dads at the end of January. This has been ritual for about 8+ years. I have decided to go to my dad's family's for Christmas.

Preparing to make the call that could twerk off some people the only thing I could do was pray. I'm not good at conflict anymore. I prepared myself for the dissapointment from my grandma but in my heart I knew I had to be with the Schultz's this Christmas. I know this will be an emotional holiday...I just hate being torn. I have made the decision and will be leaving for Chicago on Sunday morning. This is a prime example of why I do not agree with divorce.

My reason to smile: The work christmas party is tomorrow and my sister is coming into town for it!!!! I can't wait!!!

No comments: