Friday, March 02, 2007

Body Attack..

I am trying to keep myself active since the weather is so crappy...so my friend Alyssa invited me to Body Attack at Gold's. Let me just explain this in detail for your enjoyment on this crappy Friday afternoon:

I showed up not knowing what to expect. When I saw all of these women, ages ranging from 16-mid to late 40's in tight workoutfits, I got a little nervous. Then here comes the instructor wearing her spandex outfit sporting her headset microphone. I gave Alyssa one of those, "Are you serious" looks. The class began and within the first minute of the very first songs, I was ready to be done. I looked at the clock after I tried catching my breath, we had only been in class 15 minutes. (The class is an hour long.)

Visual image:

My face beet red, jumping up and down, flailing arms and kicking legs do a beat that is off from the rest of the class. As the time went on my kicks got lower, my jogs got less bouncy, I wanted to die. I would periodically (okay at least once through every routine) get water, but the instructor would insist on keeping the heart-rate up. My heart was screaming at me. There was even a time I had to go to the bathroom because I thought I was going to throw up from the bouncing. I was a mess! In between routines there would be a 20 second water break. Then the exercise nazi would be at it again demanding "high kicks" and for us to "power punch it out". My favorite part was when we were able to lay down and do sit ups. (Mostly the lay down part...)

I immediately started getting sore muscles. I honestly can't remember the last time I worked out, let alone an HOUR of cardio. 15-20 minutes is the MAX for me. The teacher came up to me and Alyssa after class and commented on how good we were. I personally think it was her way of trying to pep talk us so I would come back.

Thanks to Alyssa I have a week's free pass to Gold's. I guess I don't have to say it, but I'll be back tomorrow. ;o)

1 comment:

JGanschow said...

dang, i missed it! those instructors make me laugh. they are WAY too serious.