Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Too Preachy?

I have been dealing with a lot of adversity lately. Surprisingly it's not with me, but it's affecting the ones I care about the most. I have never been a person who is able to hide their feelings well, and so when dealing with these particular issues I don't know what to do.

I have two similar situations going on with loved ones and I don't know how to act. In both cases I have offered an outsiders perspective to the potential choices and consequences and unfortunately it has done nothing but cause rifts in both relationships. My comments are made out of love and are intended to help lead to a wise choice. But I was told today that I wouldn't be informed anymore of what goes on because she doesn't want to get scolded by me.

It got me thinking. How can we help the ones we care about most see the potential damage they can do to their lives and other's without sounding too preachy? I will be the first to admit I am in no position to judge or condemn anyone for the choices they make. If anything I have been flat on my face before because of life changing decisions and I know what it feels like. If I can prevent anyone from feeling how I felt then I will do whatever it takes. With these two relationships in particular I have lost the connection that I once had with both of them. At night my heart just cries out in prayer for them. Yet there is nothing I can do to make it better because I won't concede my beliefs.

For some reason, I was given a compassionate yet strong willed heart. I am just afraid that I will push away the people that could need my help the most because I can't turn a blind eye to what's really going on.

No comments: