Thursday, December 06, 2007

Vacation..

So as of yesterday, I am no longer required to go to Independence Media. I was told "Today is your last day." It was a very emotional discharge - on my managers part not mine. There was something he asked me to do, I did it, but not the way he wanted, and in his exact words, "I am making the executive decision that today is your last day." I said, "Okay."

I think he thought it would be an awkward situation for me. In reality, the only akward thing was him sitting there staring at me while I packed my stuff. (which he awkwardly suggested I do) Went around and gave hugs, said thanks to the other manager, and took my box and left. It felt like I was getting fired. But then I remembered I quit first.

Long story short, I get paid until next Friday. Thanks Independence Media for a week and a half paid vacation as a parting gift, thats nice.

No comments: