Friday, September 14, 2007

Yoga

Technically Friday are 'optional' days on Summer's and my workout plan. With interuptions yesterday neither of us went. (She actually had a puking kid, I just needed sleep.) This wonderful Friday morning, while the sun was still sleeping, Summer and I decided to attend the 5:30 am Yoga class at Gold's. A few reflections:

1. I am not as flexible as I once was.
2. I never knew how 'tight' my body was until I was stretching it.
3. My back as never felt so good then when I was in the different positions.

There was quite a spiritual side to Yoga that I was never aware of. I always thought of hippies when I thought of yoga. (According to Blue Like Jazz hippies have the unconditional love like Christians should, minus the whole pot thing.) We prayed for a blessing before and after the session and we meditated before we began. This provided a time to get one on one with God. Although my muscles were quaking during some of the routine, I will have to say I thoroughly enjoyed downward dogging it all morning.

(I just wonder how sore I will be tomorrow)

No comments: