Thursday, September 06, 2007

Christianity in sales..

The reputation of a sales professional is money grubbing and scandalous. That is a stereotype that I am dedicating myself to break. I have noticed a continual struggle with my workday. My goal is to have my work glorify God. I want to serve other's and their businesses by offering growth through radio. The problem with breaking the stereotype is that people automatically assume you are nothing but a sleazy salesperson. It takes tough skin, a genuine heart and perseverance to show them the difference. I'm working on that.

I want my work to glorify God. I know He will provide me with clients that will see my true heart. Until then I pray for unconditional love to the people who call me names, and have nothing but rude comments in response. I want to be the difference in sales, at Independence Media, and to the community in which I am calling on. The difference with my work will be my character, which is solely a result of God in my heart.

(It's nice to know that the corporate employee I shared this with yesterday is in full support of my method.)

1 comment:

JGanschow said...

I once heard someone say that when people called him names, he would not stoop to their level, but would continue to live his life to prove them wrong. Keep your chin up and keep on truckin!