Friday, September 21, 2007

My intentions...

Things this week have been pretty crazy for me. With the changes in work, things just seem so unstable. Time flies by and so does my time with God. I sit down, more like lay down, to be with God and end up falling asleep. Last night my schedule was open, and I took full advantage of it.

For my baptisim, I got the book titled, "The Secrets of the Secret Place". I'm using this as a study guide for my campaigner girls, but last night I read a chapter that really got a thought process started.

I have always thought being a Christian was a way to live your life, believing in what God did for us, and impacting the lives of others. In the chapter I was reading it talked about not being a Christian to impact other's lives. But the main purpose of being a Christian is to be closer to God. It's a simple thought but in reality I can honestly say I don't think I've processed that before. I do want to be Christ-like because I believe thats how God made us. But I wanted to be a positive influence on other people. With that in mind I use other people as accountability. But in reality I should want to do this for God.

Today I am pushing through work with that focus in mind. Suffering through cold calls, for God only.

No comments: