Friday, September 28, 2007

Job.

The past few nights I have had the urge to read the book of Job. (This post isn't about my j-o-b unfortunately, I wish I could blog about that...)

Job was so faithful to his Father. Through his faithfulness, God blessed Job with abundance of livestock and a great family. Even after Satan got permission to 'test' Job from God, Job still remained faithful. (It's sounding now where I'm reading that Job is questioning things, but I'm not there yet..) Something else struck me funny.

"When the parties were over, Job would get up early in the morning and sacrifice a burnt offering for each of his children, thinking, "Maybe one of them sinned by defying God inwardly." Job made a habit of this sacrificial atonement, just in case they'd sinned."

My question is can Job really sacrifice for his children and God forgive them? I know this is the Old Testament but there is a case in the New Testament where Jesus mentions to a crippled man, "You are saved by your friend's faith."

I have my thoughts on this, but I'd be interested in hearing what you guys think about this.

2 comments:

JGanschow said...

great point. i don't know the answer, but in the story you mentioned, the faith of the crippled man's friends brought him to Jesus. there he met Jesus and was healed. sooo, was it because of the friends' faith that he was saved, or the faith of his friends that brought him to know Jesus, and in turn, he was saved?

Leslie said...

Thats kind of what I was thinking, and through discussion I've come up with this.. it was the interaction with JEsus that healed the man, and his friend's fait was what brought him there. So to miror what you were saying, I agree!