Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Satan..

Before I became a Christian I always compared people who talked about Satan to those who obsess themselves with mythical creatures. Satan to me was just this image that was on a trading card or a video game. I now know how real he is.

As I posted before I was able to release myself of things I was holding on to this past weekend. I wasn't the same person I used to be and it was evident when I read my journals. It was depressing to read the past few months of journals. But after this weekend I re-checked my heart and found it was filled with natural things instead of spiritual things (Romans 8)

Yesterday, Satan tried to get at me. Fill my head with negative ideas and images with what I had just released off my heart. How frustrating! It was as if I knew the truth of God, but still was under attack of Satan. One thing I learned last night was that Satan can't read your mind. Since we are filled with the holy spirit Satan is unable to break through. So in order to get his influences out of our hearts we need to tell him outloud. (Thanks Gina)

I pray that today I can focus on living in the Spirit.

1 comment:

JGanschow said...

Keep fighting Leslie!!! Satan is weak. He is powerless. Don't let him in! Don't believe his lies...