Wednesday, April 04, 2007

22 going on 35...

Last night....I felt old.

Sunday night we were sitting around the table at the Sletten house when Summer tells me she needs to ask me a question. I should have known it was going to be different when she prefaced with, "Leslie, I have something to ask you and I'm only asking because I know you will tell me no if you want to.." Uh oh. She needed a babysitter on Tuesday (last night..) THEN she casually slips in on Tuesdays Lyza has swimming lessons. I couldn't help but laugh hysterically after she asked me.

After checking my schedule I decided I would go through with it. I took Lyza to swimming lessons. Then, about a stoplight away from the place, my FRIEND (or so she says) Summer decides to break the news to me. "Oh you have to sing this raindrops song.." WHAT! Not only was I going to be in a swimsuit (embarrassing) but I will have to SING (even more embarrassing!)

After spending 30 minutes in the pool with a little fish they call Lyza, and singing 4 SONGS! (not 1) I realized swim lessons weren't as bad as I thought....

No comments: