Monday, April 09, 2007

Forgiveness

So the theme of my past weekend has apparently been forgiveness. Knowing that God forgives me, and actually accepting that forgiveness in addition to forgiving myself. Well I was reading a book last night (I've been reading it FOREVER....) "It Comes from Within" and the chapter I was reading talks about confession. When we confess things it should be a sign of change. A conscious effort to not commit the same sin again.

Today I confessed and admitted to someone that I made a mistake. I think in order for me to release the shame and accept God's forgiveness, I needed to apologize to the person I wronged. That was a lot harder then I thought! Admitting my mistake and coming clean with the reason I allowed myself to let me guard down was eye opening.

I pray that I continually can admit when I'm wrong....and ask for forgiveness even if the person doesn't understand why I need it.

No comments: