Sunday, June 20, 2010

Roll with the punches

I've always been a very structured and schedule orientated person. For a living I run on schedules of meetings and I am mostly dependent on myself to make sure I get wherever on time. One of the many things I am learning during these weeks of being laid up is how to be okay with rolling with the punches.

The biggest hold up to being able to let life happen is the idea we cling on to that we need to have control or have planned everything. In the grand scheme of things, we are all merely pawns in this world we call life. As a shut-in I am at the mercy of any kind friend that can take me places and feed me. Its a tough reality, but nothing I do can change that status. No matter how many schedules or strategies I put in place, I have to be okay if things don't really happen my way. Very humbling.

I went to the doctor Friday and found out things weren't healing as we'd hoped. My skin tissue didn't reattach itself and has started to decompose. Hearing that news was sobering, but I believe God has been working on my heart to let go and realize that I have to roll with the punches. Let the doctors do their work and just continue living every day until something begins to go right.

No comments: