Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Life is different

With the hustle and bustle of being in the hospital for a week you tend to feel like a local celebrity. Doctors, nurses, and even hospital staff had heard of Jasons and my story throughout the week and came to send their prayers and kind thoughts. We had friends and family coming to see us and offering anything they can to help us on our healing journey. I've been home from the hospital for awhile now and Jason gets to go home today. I am not sure when it will hit him, but on Sunday it hit me that my life is now different.

Weekends were our chance to just spend time together. Jason and I have a very grueling schedule during the week and we purposely save weekends to be with each other. Typically Sunday night we spend lounging on the couch together just resting from the week and preparing for the week ahead. This Sunday was very difficult. My friends went boating, one of my favorite pasttimes, and I went to the hospital for about an hour before I got too tired and needed to sleep. I layed around by myself, while my boyfriend was laying in his hospital bed. Life was different.

As the week continued I spend a lot more time by myself, with my thoughts, but it's only at night that it gets hard. We never really had sleepovers, but it's a time when I feel most vulnerable. I miss him. I miss being able to just lay and watch a movie. Even when he gets released, both of our injuries are on the same side so cuddling would be extremely difficult. I just never want to take what I have for granted, because you never know how much you'll miss it when its gone.

Life will be different for quite a while.

No comments: