Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentine's Day

So I have NEVER had a good Valentine's day. Ranging from having the day forgotten to revealing a cheating partner, it just hasn't ever been good. Today isn't much different, I had to wake up to facing my night before.

Tim and I broke up. It's hard because for a while I was needed, I could put my efforts into something that seemed to be producing happiness for both. Supposedly it had become a 'rope around the neck'. It hurts facing that. To think I was causing someone that pressure to be a good boyfriend. It is definatley something I will be analyzing and in all honesty, my actions afterward will also cause me agony.

As I was driving away I let my emotions get the best of me. I wanted to show how much I was hurting and get out of there fast. Little did I think, the roads are horrible. I couldn't stop and I swipped someone's car. My first accident at the age of 22. Put it in the books. Of course I was hysterical, but there was no way I was going to blame this on 'breaking up with my boyfriend'. The couple's car I hit the rear light was the only damage. For some reason my right rear-view mirror was shattered. (I haven't quite figured out how my mirror was at the same level as their brake light, but whatever.) To make matters even worse, the wife of the couple was my second grade teacher. :( How embarrassing. Let's recap. This past month my record has been: 2 parking tickets, 1 speeding ticket, and now this.

Pardon me if I slip into a deep financial and emotional hole.

2 comments:

JGanschow said...

Les,
I'm sorry to hear things didn't work out. At least you put yourself out there and took a chance to help someone. While that may not seem to matter right now, it does.

sorry about your car too...that sucks.

charlesdean2 said...

but at the same time, God led you to a job that you love, and led you to a deeper understanding of what it means to trust and follow him!

it always works like this...God blesses, and the enemy attacks!

hang in there!!!